- Norwegian scientists proposed that Rudolph’s red nose is probably the result of a parasitic infection of his respiratory system.
- The Germans made the first artificial Christmas trees out of dyed goose feathers.
- The “true love” mentioned in the song “Twelve Days of Christmas” is the Catholic Church’s code for God.
- If Santa’s reindeer have male-sounding names, Blitzen, Comet, and Cupid) and male reindeers shed their antlers around Christmas, are Santa’s reindeer female or castrated?
- In 1950 the tallest ever Christmas tree, a 221-foot Douglas fir, was displayed at the Northgate Shopping Centre in Seattle, Washington.
- The world’s largest Christmas stocking measured 106 ft 9 ins long and 49 ft 1 ins wide, made by the Children’s Society in London on December 14, 2007.
Isn’t History Fun!